Beautiful, smart, unique, one of a kind, driven, kind-hearted, candy-lover, your best gal pal! My fifth inspirational beaut is a woman full of energy and creative flow, she's a sleek model and designs fabulous jewelry by day, and is not afraid of the hustle!
#5 Louise Henry: Nayme Inc.
Canadian Jewellery Designer/ Entrepreneur Extraordinaire
When I first met Louise she was at a CRAVE event, asking questions and standing tall, owning the room. Not only because she had a beautiful energy about her, but she also was there to network and learn as much as she could! She was not alone either, her pertner in beauty Rachel was there learning and networking as well! The perfect team. After asking what Louise did, and got the low down on Nayme Inc. I not only knew that I wanted to become instant friends with Louise, annnd not only that I desperately needed a Nayme necklace, but that she was a MUST for the Girl, put in work blog.
After spending some more with Louise I quickly realized how inspiring she was to be around. Her story and the work ethic alone was enough to make me want to work more and not be ashamed of it, but to also have fun with what I was doing.
Nayme Necklace is the most unique jewellery I have seen in a long long time. I also was one of those girls who wished I would be able to have that perfect Carrie necklace, we all swooned after, but after learning from Louise and Nayme what my name means, and how many other ways a "Nayme" Necklace could be made I just wouldn't go any other way!
Louise has perfected the Nayme necklace by creating small symbols that represent your name, but not only are they cute little symbols, they are the sweetest symbols that you can't help but put it with EVERYTHING!
Louise invited us into her adorable little workspace which was filled with just the cutest things gals truly need in the office. Flowers, cupcakes, and most important, an inspiration board! Love this office!
A board full of love and inspiration?! OUR FAVORITE!
Nayme has been participating in wedding shows lately! The Nayme Necklace makes a BEYOND perfect Bridesmaids gift! Check out this Photoshoot we did with gals, and their Nayme necklace :)
The perfect gift for really any occasion!
Louise and her company is not only brilliant but something that Louise stands by 100%. Her family and friends have had a major part in this entire process, and support her in everything. She really has an amazing business and is just growing like a beautiful gem! I LOVE mine...
I have even asked Louise if we have to choose our name, BUT WE DON'T! I am getting my two grandmothers names to wear with me everyday. Not only is it a gift to yourself this way, but your supporting a local company who works hard for the hustle! And loves every second of it!
What does YOUR Nayme mean?
Check it out HERE!
Be sure to also follow these ladies on Facebook, they have the coolest Inspirational Fridays, and put up new designs all the time!
We also had the please of working with Nayme on a photoshoot where we took some behind the scenes. What a FABULOUS team to work with!
After working with Nayme necklace I can proudly say they are a company I believe in and love all that they stand for and will continue to watch them grow in happiness. I feel lucky to have met Louise and Rachel and stumble upon an amazing business, with strong women behind it !
Keep up that amazing work Nayme Inc.
OH ALSO! Nayme inc will be one of the talented vendors for our White Wedding Pop Up Shop on May 31st! So Excited to have them on board!
So much love!
Name: Louise Henry
Birthdate/Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Company name: Nayme
Company start date: November 2012
About the company: Nayme is a new jewelry line with a fresh twist on the name necklace. We design high-quality sterling silver pendants which reflect the meaning of names. We package these in a beautiful black box with a personalized label, detailing the name, its origin and meaning.
1. What was the biggest motivator for starting your own company? The biggest motivator for me was the desire to create my own path. I wanted to be independent, make my own decisions, create something new and see how far I could take it.
2. Why are you and your fabulous company in Toronto? Toronto is home for me, and after four years at McGill, it seemed natural to come back. It turns out Toronto is an incredible city in which to start a business. I’ve connected with designers, manufacturers, creative people, other entrepreneurs etc. It’s all here!
3. Do you think women are making a mark in your specific industry? If so, how? Absolutely. Women are hugely successful in the jewelry business. They are introducing unique aesthetics and distinguishing themselves through savvy marketing and style. It’s their success that gave me the confidence to try it myself.
4. Who or what do you look to for inspiration? I’m inspired by creative individuals and dreamers – people who bring a different approach to business and design and are doing something they are passionate about. I’m lucky enough to be surrounded by people like this, who provide me with daily inspiration.
5. What do you see for your company in 5 years? I would love Nayme to be a recognized brand and sold worldwide !